Friday, April 17, 2009

Milo's and Dirty Laundry

I am really enjoying today. After surviving another tax season, I am back to working four days a week and being off on Fridays. I have big plans for today: don’t put on makeup, wear sweat pants all day and try to do nothing. I love it! I am sitting here blogging right now with a big smile on my face as I finish off the last carton of chocolate marshmallow eggs. Life is good!

I am trying to catch up on all my favorite blogs. I have come to the conclusion that it is near impossible for me to blog during tax season. For the obvious reason, extra time is very limited during tax season (I worked around 130 overtime hour this tax season). I was doing good to just have dinner fixed and clean clothes for everyone in the house. Actually, we eat a lot drive-thru meals during tax season. I guarantee we hold the record for eating at the new Calera Milo’s more than any other family. Milo’s should give us a golden hamburger plaque in appreciation of our family paying their light bill for the last three months. As far as keeping the laundry done, I put my boys in charge of washing all our clothes when it's tax season. After some bribing and threatening, they really do a good job at washing the clothes most of the time except for when they got the clean clothes basket confused with the dirty clothes basket and put dirty underwear in everyone’s drawers!?!. Luckily, we quickly discovered the mistake.

I am really looking forward to getting back to blogging more. I am very excited about blogging with you about our upcoming mission’s trip to Ecuador. At our last Ecuador training class, we were told to plan on blogging everyday while in Ecuador to keep everyone at home updated on the amazing things that we will see the Lord doing! I can’t wait to have you on that blogging journey with me!

Blessings to you,
Kelly

4 comments:

Tricia said...

So glad you are back! I have missed reading your posts!

Are you still doing the Eagle Run next weekend? I wanted to ask you last night but didn't get a chance...

Blessings!

Darlene said...

I know you are glad April 15th is past! We are still waiting to hear from our accountant!
It was great to see you last night!
Have a Fabulous Weekend!

Anonymous said...

So glad for you that tax season is over. We have missed you. Looking forward to hearing all about your Ecuador Mission trip. Prayers & Hugs,
Vicki

Meredith said...

We sure have missed you in bloggy world and elsewhere also......glad you are slowing back down now. I haven't been to the new milo's yet, now I'm thinking I need to go.....soon......